Current work experience
Since 1999-present - raramuridesign cc
Matthew, started an internet consulting and web management company. Concentrating on service orientated web development with an emphasis on Content Management for small businesses. See raramuridesign.com for a company profile.
Several supporting tools which have developed through our company: pressportal.co.za, a free press release site for South Africa. my247host.one, our hosting company. mylist.co.za, newsletter system for our clients. joomlagov.info, a showcase of government websites built on the Joomla! CMS.
We have consulted and worked with both large and small companies and this has given us the ability to understand each and every clients needs and requirements. We can then interpret these into useful applications. Our Strong points include: project management, website strategy, eCommerce strategy, custom code, corporate identity design, newsletter management, analytical management, and more...
Since 2017 BulkMail
Matthew is a partner in BulkMail and has been instrumental in getting this business up and running. Currently the business has over 1200 South African clients making use of the service.
Past work experience
- 1998-2001 Novel GmbH - Munich, Germany: Marketing Assistant and Graphic Designer. Responsible for all the advertising in the company, conference preperation and support and design, printing of manuals for the various products.
- 1998 September Schindler GmbH - Munich, Germany: Support staff and all round helper.
- 1998 Cape Technikon - Cape Town, South Africa: Marketing Researcher. Coordinating a team of student researchers and collating data into database program.
- 1996-1997 Holzalm/Kandleralm Gasthaus - Brixen i. Thale, Austria: Hausmeister (Caretaker).
- 1996 Garwood Communications - Cricklewood, London UK: Support staff and all round helper.
- 1996 Staffing Solutions - Norfolk, UK: Casual factory worker in various factories around the Norfolk region.
- 1992-1994 Duplex Stellenbosch, South Africa: Salesman in remote areas of South Africa.
- 1992-1994 Tactic Indoor Cricket Arena - Cape Town, South Africa: Indoor Cricket Umpire.
Institution: Cape Technikon
Cape Town, South Africa 1992 to 1994
- 1994 National Diploma in Marketing
- 1994 Cape Technikon Final Year results
- 1994 Third Year Cape Technikon Results
- 1994 PK Investments - Marketing Plan
- Advertising and Sales Promotion (final year) - Achieved a top 5 position in a competition to design a new 'Potatoe Chip' for the African Market in South Africa. Development of a marketing plan, advertising and promotion plan, product plan and design.
- Marketing III (final year) - Part of my practical at PK INVESTMENTS - Clearly Cape (Bottled Water), created a new marketing plan. My task was to enhance the mission statement develop new strageies for marketing and advertising the products.
- Personal Selling (first year) - Project door to door selling.
Accounting for Marketers 1, Communication in English, End-User Computing, Marketing I, Personal Selling I, Consumer Behaviour I, Economics I, Marketing II, Mercantile Law I, Quantitative Techniques I, Advertising and Sales Promotion I, Marketing III, Marketing Research I, Sales Management I1988 to 1991
Institution: Fairmont High School
Durbanville, South Africa 1988-1991
- 1991 Fairmont High School - Cape Senior Cetificate (final School year)
- 1991 Fairmont High School - Interim Character reference
- 1990 Fairmont High School - 2nd Team Hockey